Dimensional Warrior Spielban
- "Jikuu Senshi Spielban!"
- ―Spielban's roll call.
- "My anger is about to explode! (俺の怒りは爆発寸前！ Ore no ikari wa bakuhatsu sunzen!)"
- ―Spielban's catchphrase before the Arc Impulse finisher.
Spielban (スピルバン Supiruban?) is the protagonist in Jikuu Senshi Spielban. He took the name of Yousuke Jou (城 洋介 Jō Yōsuke?) on Earth.
Fictional Character Biography
Spielban is 20 years old who survived from the Planet Clin. With the "Kesshou" code, he becomes a dimensional warrior wearing a High-Tech Crystal Suit, and continues to fight to return to his hometown, while fighting against the Waller Empire. On his fifth birthday, his father Ben gave him a dog.
On Earth, he'll be active in Japan via Australia and Canada. He has no job on Earth, but he ostensibly passes as an Interpol investigator. He is usually seen riding in a red Mitsubishi Pajero (first generation) other than walking.
Perhaps because he slept on a life support system for a long time from an early age, his behavior sometimes seems to be infantile. Also, because he has little experience in combat, he tends to be inferior. However, sometimes his anger unleashes his true potential.
In Episode 43, during the battle with Waller, Grand Nasca became unable to navigate and was unable to return to Clin, consolidating his determination to live on Earth as his second home. After that, the destruction of Waller caused an alternate history, and Clin was revived as the Earth 10,000 years later. After returning home with Diana and Helen, Spielban picked up his father's fountain pen and reunited with his parents.
Stage Show Appearances
In a stage showwhere the Flashman are seen fighting against the Reconstructive Experiment Empire Mess, Spielban arrives and assists the team.
In a stage show where the Flashman are seen fighting Reconstructive Experiment Empire Mess, Spielban, Juspion, Shaider, Kamen Rider Super-1, Change Dragon & Mermaid, Red One, Green Two, and Dyna Red then arrive and assist the team.
In a stage show where the Maskman are seen fighting Underground Empire Tube, Kamen Rider Black, Metalder, Spielban, Shaider, Red & Blue Flash, Change Dragon & Mermaid, Green Two and Dyna Black arrive and assist the team.
XGather Series 4: The Jet Accel
Spielban is one of a playable character in a trading card game Rangers Strike.
- Number: XG4-098
- Rarity: Normal Rare
High-Tech Crystal Suit
- Punching Power: 1.4t (Crush a hard rock with a single blow)
- Kicking Power: 3.4t (Break a 350mm iron plate)
- Jumping Height: 200m
- Running Speed: 100m per 2.5 seconds
When Spielban shouts Kesshou (結晶 Kesshō?, lit. "Crystallize"), the Grand Nasca transmit Clin Metal into ultrafine particles upon him, which crystallize to form the silver, black and red High-Tech Crystal Suit around his body in 10 microseconds. Spielban's primary weapon is a sword, which then becomes the Twin Blade, a double-edged laser lance used to destroy the Mechanoids and lifeforms with his Arc Impulse attack.
- Twin Blade: Spielban's signature weapon.
- Laser Sniper: Spielban's firearm.
- Search Analyzer (サーチアナライザー Sāchi Anaraizā?): A high-performance perspective and analysis scope of which is built in the eye of the Spielban. It catches the light of every wavelength, such as infrared and X-rays, and immediately stores and analyzes it, and also sees through and analyzes various materials. However, in Episode 26, the android Helen with perspective measures could not be seen through.
- Crystal Noise (クリスタルノイズ Kurisutaru Noizu?): The antenna extends from the ear of Spielban and emits a high-frequency noise signal to disturb the other party's radio waves. In Episode 6, it disturbed the pulse emitted from Guja's antennae and blocked the ability to transform.
- Bypass Slip Generator (バイパススリップ発生装置 Baipasu Surippu Hassei Sōchi?): A space transfer device built into Spielban's High-Tech Crystal Suit. By pressing a switch the abdomen to protect a populated area from battle, it activates the Spielban Bypass Slip (スピルバン・バイパススリップ Supiruban Baipasu Surippu?), which emits mass transfer waves to temporarily move the battlefield. The change in the superiority or inferiority of the battle situation due to the activation of this technique is not specifically mentioned in the series.
- Arc Impulse (アークインパルス Ākuinparusu?): Spielban's finisher attack.
- Spielban Full Power Punch (スピルバンフルパワーパンチ Supiruban Furu Pawā Panchi?): An anger punch that wraps his body in a blue aura barrier and shoots it. Shown in Episode 11, it was powerful enough to break through the barrier.
- Double Sniper (ダブルスナイパー Daburu Sunaipā?): A combination shooting attack alongside with Diana Lady.
- Triple Bomber (トリプルボンバー Toripuru Bonbā?): An attack in which Spielban, Diana Lady, and Helen Lady surround the enemy and shoot them in a row.
The Spielban Key (スピルバン Supiruban Kī?) is a Metal Heroes Ranger Key released as part of the Ranger Keys Metal Hero Edition in Bandai Premium. It is unknown if it will appear in a future crossover. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. one of the Gokaigers, into Spielban.
Behind the scenes
Yousuke Jou is portrayed by Hiroshi Watari (渡 洋史 Watari Hiroshi?), who previously played Den Iga, the eponymous hero of Uchuu Keiji Sharivan, making him the only actor to play two protagonists of a show in the Metal Hero Series. As Spielban, his suit actor was Kazuyoshi Yamada. as a child, he is played by Masaru Nagai, who later played Tatsuya Asami & and Captain Ryuya in Mirai Sentai Timeranger.
Dimensional Warrior Spielban is featured as #99 in the 1986 archive compilation video Toei 100 Great Heroes Super Fight.
- Spielban is named after American film director Steven Spielberg.
- At the beginning of the story, when Spielban was in trouble, he thought about his painful past and the people who were attacked by Waller, and inspired him to strike back. The same applies to the first Kesshou of Helen. Also, from the middle of the series, using the lyrics of the theme song, the production of entering a special move was established along with the decision lines described later.