|This article is about a/an hero in Choujinki Metalder.|
Metalder (メタルダー Metarudā?) is a "Choujinki", a powerful war android built by Dr. Koga at the end of World War II originally as a countermeasure against the Americans. He was hidden in a secret base of the Japanese Imperial Army until Dr. Koga activated him years later to fight the Neros Empire. Whenever his energies reach a peak from rage, with the cry "Ikaru!" (怒る!? "Anger!"), he transforms into his metallic form. Powered by 'super-gravitational energy', his killing techniques include "Laser Arm", "G-Kick", "Metal Tornado" spinning kick, "Head Crash" ram, "Plasma Punch", "Metal Bomber" punching attack from above, And "1000 Hand Punch".
Metalder lived in the Silver Carcass with Springer, a dog that was able to speak through a machine created by Dr. Koga. He had a human guise known as Ryusei Tsuguri. His two friends were Mai Ogi and Hakko Kita who both became aware that he was Metalder shortly after meeting him.
At the end of the series he defeats God Neros but in the process, his super-gravitational energy is greatly damaged, as a result whenever he moves longer, he will explode and the world will be destroyed by its impact. With Kita's help, Metalder is spared from destruction, but at the cost of his human form and his ability to fight as a Choujinki.
In a stage show where the Maskman are seen fighting the Underground Empire Tube, Kamen Rider Black, Metalder, Spielban, Shaider, Red & Blue Flash, Change Dragon & Phoenix, Green Two, and Dyna Black arrive and assist the team.
In a stage show where the Livemen are seen fighting their usual foes, Great Star League Gozma, Reconstructive Experiment Empire Mess, Underground Empire Tube, the Armored Army and The Sorcerers Clan show up and wind up defeating them. Kamen Riders Black & RX, Jiraya, Princess Ninja Emiha, Red & Pink Mask, Metalder, Red & Yellow Flash and Change Dragon arrive and assist the Livemen.
Super Mode of Toei Metal Spirit
His human guise, Ryusei Tsurugi (剣 流星 Tsurugi Ryūsei?), is directly modeled after that of Dr. Koga's son Tatsuo of whom he lost during the war. Like Tatsuo, he loves music and plays the saxophone from time to time. His Reflection Circuit gave him the same feelings as humans and a sense of right and wrong.
As Tsurugi Ryusei
- Height: 186cm (73" or 6'1")
- Weight: gravity control to more than 100kg (220 lbs)
- Time for 100 m run: 11 sec.
As Chojinki Metalder
- Height: 190cm (75" or 6'3")
- Weight: 250kg (551 lbs)
- Time for 100m run: 1.5 seconds
- Jump height: 150 metres (164 yards)
- Punch Power: 10 cm(4 inches) through an iron board
- Kick power: breaking an 20cm (8 inches) iron pole
- Laser Arm
- Jumping Distance
- Iron Claw
- Vacuum Adhesion Apparatus
- Metal Tornado
- Plasma Punch
The Metalder Key (メタルダー Metarudā Kī?) is a Metal Heroes Ranger Key released as part of the Ranger Keys Metal Hero Edition in Bandai Premium. It is unknown if it will appear in a future crossover. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. one of the Gokaigers, into Metalder.
Behind the scenes
Ryusei Tsurugi is portrayed by Seikō Senō (妹尾 青洸 Senō Seikō?) (credited as Akira Senō (妹尾 洸 Senō Akira?)), who also portrayed Tatsuo Koga. As Metalder, his suit actors were Kazuyoshi Yamada (山田 一善 Yamada Kazuyoshi?) and Noriaki Kaneda (金田 憲明 Kaneda Noriaki?).
- Metalder resembles the protagonist of Shotaro Ishinomori's Kikaider.
- Metalder shares his first name with Ryusei Sakuta/Kamen Rider Meteor.
- He shares his last name with Tsurugi Kamishiro/Kamen Rider Sasword.
- In the French and Brazilian Portuguese dub, his transformation call was "Metalder!" Instead of "Ikaru!" (Anger!).
- In the French dub, he was renamed to Héraclor while in the Brazilian dub, he was renamed to Hideki Kondo.
- Ryan Steele - American counterpart in VR Troopers. See comparison page.
- Adam Steele - American counterpart in Psycon/Cybertron. See comparison page.