|This article is about a/an hero in Kidou Keiji Jiban.|
Naoto Tamura, also known as Mobile Cop Jiban, was a human revived as a cyborg by Doctor Igarashi to fight Bioron. Naoto is capable of reverting to his human identity at will. He holds the rank of police commissioner (as a robot) and detective (as human). Jiban's programming enables him to follow these directives:
- Arrest criminals in any circumstance without a warrant.
- Punish criminals on his own judgment if they happen to be members of Bioron.
- Use lethal force depending on the circumstances.
- 1 Later appearances
- 2 Jiban
- 3 Techniques
- 4 Armament
- 5 Mechanics
- 6 Metal Hero Key
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Appearances
- 9 Notes
In a stage show where the Turborangers are seen fighting Hundred Boma Tribes, Kamen Rider Black, Kamen Rider Black RX, Jiban, Jiraya, Red Falcon, Yellow Lion, Red Mask, Pink Mask, Green Flash, and Change Dragon arrive and assist the Turborangers.
Super Hero Taisen Otsu
Jiban activated as a prowl and captured suspicious criminal Stronger.
Kyuranger vs. Space Squad
Evidently, Jiban was indeed inducted as a member of Space Squad.
Super Mode of Toei Metal Spirit
Naoto Tamura, a detective at the Central City Station, is a cyborged secret investigator of the Metropolitan Police Department. His rank is Assistant Commissioner. Although he is a cyborg, it seems that he can live a life that is not much different from that of humans[note 1].
The body is made of Jiban Fiber (ジバンファイバー Jiban Faibā?), and is almost impervious to most firearms. Has a force to lifts the steel frame, and the speed is comparable to thoroughbred, Jiban's power is electrical energy, which is unsuitable for long-term battles, and he have almost run out of energy. Also, although he excels in shooting, it is hard to say that he excels in swordsmanship.
Jiban usually lives as a direct person (Naoto's identity) and freely transforms into a Jiban as needed. The details of this transformation process are hardly mentioned in the series, and the clear transformation scene itself throughout the whole story also started as Jiban for the first time when transforming using his Electronic Notebook in Episode 10.
Jiban consists of the following parts:
- Tactic Visor (タクティックバイザー Takutikku Baizā?)
- Precision Eye (プレジションアイ Pureshijon Ai?)
- Analogic Circuit (アナロジックサーキット Anarojikku Sākitto?)
- Suppressor Unit (サプレッサーユニット Sapuressā Yunitto?)
- Blastron Display (ブラストロンディスプレイ Burasutoron Disupurei?)
- Cybernatic Battlizer (サイバネティックバタライザー Saibanetikku Bataraizā?)
- Multi-worker (マルチワーカー Maruchiwākā?): A drill that is built into Jiban's right arm and pops up when used. Can fire large thick needles, Needrill (ニードリル Nīdoriru?) and Hyper Beam (ハイパービーム Haipā Bīmu?). It is often used mainly in emergencies, and was effective as a kind of dark device during fighting with Bionoids. It has not been used after being resurrected and remodeled into Perfect Jiban.
- Grip Gun (グリップガン Gurippu Gan?): A handcuff with a wire built into Jiban's left arm. Only mentioned in setting.
- Main Computer for attack and defense (攻撃、防御用メインコンピューター Kōgeki, bōgyo-yō Mein Konpyūtā?)
- Elbow Damper Unit (エルボーダンパーユニット Erubō Danpā Yunitto?)
- Manual Data Keyboard (マニュアルデータキーボード Manyuaru Dēta Kībōdo?)
- G Control System ( Gコントロールシステム Jī Kontorōru Shisutemu?)
- Electronic Notebook Storage (電子手帳収納部 Denshi Techō Shūnō-bu?)
- Maximillian Storage (マクシミリアン収納部 Makushimirian Shūnō-bu?)
- Data Drive System (データドライブシステム Dēta Doraibu Shisutemu?)
- Knee Shock Absorber (ニーショックアブソーバー Nī Shokku Abusōbā?)
- Ankle Shock Absorber (アンクルショックアブソーバー Ankuru Shokku Abusōbā?)
In Episode 34, Jiban, who was defeated by Mad Garbo and Rhinonoid and was completely destroyed and stopped functioning, gained three new weapons by the JPU Plan (J・P・U計画 JPU Keikaku?) and achieved a strengthened revival as Perfect Jiban (パーフェクトジバン Pāfekuto Jiban?). Except for these factors, it looks like original Jiban, but it is 50% more powerful than a normal. Daidaros, one of the strengthened armaments, can still be used, and in Episode 42, he fought with four weapons fully equipped.
The pamphlet included in Volume 4 of the DVD describes Strong Jiban (ストロングジバン Sutorongu Jiban?), which is an enhancement system of Perfect Jiban that had not appeared in the series. Strong Jiban is equipped with Max Calibur of Fire, Walter's Dislider, and GigaStreamer (shoulder version) of the next work Tokkei Winspector.
- Jiban End (ジバンエンド Jiban Endo?)
- Last Shooting (ラストシューティング Rasuto Shūtingu?)
- Disclose Shock (ディスクローズショック Disukurōzu Shokku?)
- Jiban Haken Crush (ジバンハーケンクラッシュ Jiban Hāken Kurasshu?)
- Jiban Flying Crush (ジバンフライングクラッシュ Jiban Furaingu Kurasshu?)
- Daidaros Fire (ダイダロスファイヤー Daidarosu Faiyā?)
- Final Cannon (ファイナルキャノン Fainaru Kyanon?)
- Used to destroy Rhinonoid (debut)
In addition to the following weapons, various rays can be emitted from the panel with the "☆" mark on the left chest, and the chemicals adhering to the victim's body can be evaporated by heat rays. It is used for applications such as decomposing and extinguishing the tentacles of Bionoids to release restraints. At the same time, this part is also the heart of Jiban, and when Mad Garbo defeated Jiban in Episode 34, she stabbed this part with her sword to destroy the panel, also end Jiban's "life".
- Jiban Resurrection Device
Metal Hero Key
The Jiban Key (ジバンキー Jiban Kī?) is a Metal Hero Key that appears in Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z. It is used by Gokai Silver.
Behind the scenes
Naoto is portrayed by Shohei Kusaka (日下 翔平 Kusaka Shōhei?). As Jiban, he is portrayed by various suit actors such as Noriaki Kaneda (金田憲明 Kaneda Noriaki?), Kazutoshi Yokoyama (横山 一敏 Yokoyama Kazutoshi?) (action scene), Hiroyuki Nonaka (野中博之 Nonaka Hiroyuki?) (action scene) and Jiro Okamoto (岡元次郎 Okamoto Jirō?).
Yokoyama, who was in charge of Jiban's action suit, make an appearance as the official hero role for the first time in this series.
- Jiban's body was cannibalized to serve as the suit for V1 in Kamen Rider Agito.
- Naoto was born on September 2, 1965 (24 years old).
- Naoto's permanent residence is Nagasaki City, and his current address is List Mansion 511, 15-9 Shinsenchō, Shibuya, Tokyo.
- In Episode 11, it is clearly stated in Naoto's police notebook.
- In the Philippine Dub, he was renamed as Marco and he is voiced by Neil Yu. When Yu plays as Jiban, his voice became cyber with a deeper pitch due to him being a cyborg but retains his normal voice when grunting and utilizing his trademark moves from his weapons.
- Also in the Philippine Dub, most of Jiban's arsenals and vehicles are renamed as Mega when he drives or utilizes his weapons namely as Mega Patrol, Mega Panzer, Mega Jet Fighter, Mega Pistol, Mega Stun Gun and Mega Sword.
- Also his Jiban's End is renamed as Jiban Slash referencing to Shaider's Blue Flash trademark move when it was renamed as Shaider Super Slash in the Philippine Dub of Space Sheriff Shaider.
- For example, there is a scene in the series where he is eating an ice cream with Mayumi, and there is also a depiction of losing consciousness due to being sprayed with anesthetic gas.