|This article is about a/an hero in Uchuu Keiji Sharivan.|
- "Uchuu Keiji Sharivan!"
- ―Sharivan's roll call.[src]
Den Iga (伊賀 電 Iga Den?)[note 1] is the main protagonist of Uchuu Keiji Sharivan. As a Gavan's successor, he became the new Earth's Space Sheriff, with the title Space Sheriff Sharivan (宇宙刑事シャリバン Uchū Keiji Shariban?)[note 2].
Den, who is descended from the Iga ninja clan in inner Iga Island, served as forest patrolman, until fatally wounded by Buffalo Doubler and saved by Gavan who brought him to Planet Bird to undergo special training to become a Space Sheriff.
During Gavan's fight against San Dorva and his mother, Den arrived as a ball of light, flying into San Dorva and distracted the two enemies, giving Gavan a chance to defeat them. After Gavan destroyed Makuu, Den took over Gavan's position in protecting the planet as Space Sheriff Sharivan.
On Earth, he is a mechanic and test rider at Suzuki Motors. Partly due to the influence of his deceased parents and a former forest patrol member, he loved nature very much. In Episode 6, he was very angry and upset when the little bird was killed and the animal was taken hostage.
After learning that he was a descendant of the people of Iga Planet who were destroyed by Madou, he began to fight for the revival of Iga. In the battle he meets the descendants of the same Iga aliens as himself. After finishing the battle with Madou, he and his descendants were ordered to revive Iga and take charge of the planet.
The Three Space Sheriffs
Den returns with Gavan in Episode 49 of Uchuu Keiji Shaider. In addition during the battle with Omega, the battle of Iga Planet against the great invasion of Fuuma is depicted. As a Space Sheriff of Iga Planet, he helps defend that planet from Fuuma attack. Den said that Iga was also fought hard by the invasion, and finally recovered.
Uchuu Keiji Gavan: The Movie
Uchuu Keiji Sharivan NEXT GENERATION
Years ago, Den Iga was forced to rush onto the scene when an alien serial killer almost murdered a female human hostage due to Kai Hyuga's recklessness in predicting that the alien would drop his weapon and be apprehended if he opened fire. After the alien was defeated by Sharivan and captured, Den called Kai out for his so called calculations and berated him on the fact that the alien's biology made him immune to guns, which Kai did not take into consideration as he didn't read the report. He asked Kai and Seigi what does it mean to be a Space Sheriff, but neither could give the answer he was looking for.
A few years later, Den then retired from the role of Sharivan and was promoted, the replacement candidate for the Sharivan's suit was chosen; Kai Hyuga. Den congratulated the young officer for his commendations and high aptitude and asked him again what it meant to be a Space Sheriff. Kai responded that it was about performing to the best of his ability and using calculations to predict the outcomes of crimes. This answer disappointed Den and he said that he would not acknowledge Kai as Sharivan as "there is more to it than relying simply on calculations".
At the end of the , Kai meets up with Den and gives him the answer he was hoping for: A Space Sheriff protects the innocent at any cost, even at the risk of their own lives. Kai also tells him that he will no longer rely only on calculations but his own heart and instincts. Den is pleased with Kai's revelation and finally acknowledges him as his successor, giving him his blessing before leaving.
Stage Show appearances
Video Game appearances
Space Sheriff Sharivan Quick Shot
Super Hero Operations (1999)
Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001
The Space Sheriff Spirits
The Space Sheriff Returns
Space Sheriff Sharivan is a playable character in the Stylagy's galactic card battle RPG game The Space Sheriff Returns.
- Height: 210 cm
- Weight: 95 kg
- Jumping Power: 150 meters (300 meters with booster assistance)
When Den transforms with the command Sekisha (赤射 Sekisha?, lit. "Red Shot") (Sekisha deposition), the Grand Birth envelops him with Solar Metal (ソーラーメタル Sōrā Metaru?) particles that it absorbs from solar energy to form his Combat Suit (コンバットスーツ Konbatto Sūtsu?). This series of processes is even shorter than Gavan's and takes only 1 millisecond (1/1000 second, 50 times faster than Gavan). In addition, when performing the Sekisha process, Den often issues a code after taking off his clothes and wearing an Under Suit (アンダースーツ Andā Sūtsu?). In Episode 6, Madou, who saw through this system, trapped Den and blocked the process, but Retsu destroyed the device that sealed the process.
It consists of red Solar Metal, silver metal and black Black Shield Coating (ブラックシールドコーティング Burakku Shīrudo Kōtingu?), and the other parts:
- Searcher Scope (サーチャースコープ Sāchā Sukōpu?): Amplifying system Sharivan vision, allowing him to catch light of all wavelengths and seek out hidden opponents, also see through obstacles. It has many functions like: x-ray, infra-red rays, ultra violet rays, perception, memory, and analysis features.
- High Dimensional Sonar (高次元ソナー Kōjigen Sonā?): Amplifying system of Sharivan hearing and acting as a sonar. Useful for sensing invisible enemies and surprise attacks. This device can communicate and analyze sound waves, radio waves, and waves of all dimensions.
- Solar Power Reactor (ソーラーパワー反応炉 Sōrā Pawā Han'nō-ro?): A green-colored rectangle part on the chest that convert solar energy into Solar Power (ソーラーパワー Sōrā Pawā?), the power that Sharivan used.
- Dimension Controller (ディメンションコントローラー Dimenshon Kontorōrā?): The device on the chest that enables activities in different dimensions and outer space.
- Techvision (テクビジョン Tekubijon?): The device on Sharivan's forearm. All Sharivan's data is shown here.
- Laser Blade Sheath (レーザーブレードシース Rēzā Burēdo Shīsu?): The device like a small box located on the left side of the waist. Serving as a sword sheath, Sharivan's sword was drawn from there.
- Shock Absorber (ショックアブソーバー Shokku Abusōbā?): Its shaped like a silver spring at Sharivan's knee. Has a function to relieve shocks on the feet that occur when landing from a high place.
- Hover Engine (ホバーエンジン Hobā Enjin?): Located in the soles of Sharivan's shoes. Help Sharivan to float in the air while fighting, also land safely.
The Combat Suit's power such as flying around in the state of a red sphere in the Sekisha process, rescuing citizens from Fightrow's hands, and holding down a bus that is about to fall from a cliff by a monster attack (shown in Episode 17).
- Sharivan Crash (シャリバン・クラッシュ Shariban Kurasshu?): Sharivan's greatest finisher, holding his Laser Blade in one hand and strike the enemies. When performing this technique, the red sun emerges behind it.
- Elbow Hammer (エルボーハンマー Erubō Hanmā?): While twisting his body, Sharivan hits the enemy behind him with an elbow.
- Sharivan Kick (シャリバンキック Shariban Kikku?): Sharivan jumps before performing a scissors movement with his legs to carry two kicks after hit or two opponents at once. Also capable of crushing hard rocks.
- Sharivan Punch (シャリバンパンチ Shariban Panchi?): Sharivan jumps before hitting his opponent with his fist, capable of breaking through 10 cm thick steel.
- Magnum Chop (マグナムチョップ Magunamu Choppu?): A horizontal chop that fully demonstrates the Solar Power.
- Spark Bomber (スパークボンバー Supāku Bonbā?): Sharivan plunges his opponent spinning on itself before giving him a two-handed punch.
- Sharivan Protection (シャリバンプロテクション Shariban Purotekushon?): A barrier that releases the energy of the Combat Suit forward in 0.5 seconds to create a wall of light and prevent enemy attacks. There is also a dome-shaped type. Sharivan can use this technique to protect him and the people near him.
- Sharivan Sobat (シャリバンソバット Shariban Sobatto?): Crush a rocks and kick backwards. It was sung in the insert song Yeh! Sharivan.
- Sharivan Solar Shoot (シャリバンソーラーシュート Shariban Sōrā Shūto?): Use the power of the enemy to throw the enemy.
Sword hidden in a compartment on the left hip Sharivan.
The Sharivan Key (シャリバン Shariban Kī?) is a Metal Heroes Ranger Key released as part of the Ranger Keys Metal Hero Edition in Bandai Premium. It is unknown if it will appear in a future crossover. Of course as with all Ranger Keys, should it exist, it would be able to transform one, i.e. one of the Gokaigers, into Sharivan.
Behind the scenes
Den Iga was portrayed by Hiroshi Watari (渡 洋史 Watari Hiroshi?), who would later play Yousuke Jou/Spielban in Jikuu Senshi Spielban, making him the only actor to play two protagonists of a show in the Metal Hero Series.
As Sharivan he had several suit actors. Akira Shimizu did Sharivan for close-ups. Jun Murakami did the action for him in episodes 1 to 39, and Takanori Shibahara did the action in episodes 40 to 51. Hiroshi Watari himself also did some stunt work for him in episode 22.
Space Sheriff Sharivan is featured as #87 in the 1986 archive compilation video Toei 100 Great Heroes Super Fight.
- Den Iga's introduction marked a first for Toei tokusatsu in that the new leading hero made his debut prior to the start of his own series, a practice that would later become commonplace with Kamen Rider and Super Sentai in the 21st century.
- In the narration, it was sometimes called "Iga" by the surname.
- Unlike Gavan where "Gavan" is his real name.